Sunday, May 11, 2008

Interview: Master Foozle

I've recently interviewed a new modder from AoMH he just created the Roman units mod and is also working on a Star Wars mod, as well. Read to see what he says.

1. So, How long have you been at AoMH?
I've only been at AoMH a few months, maybe 3 or so. I'm a fairly new member. I found the place because I wanted to find out how to change the camera views in the wierd directions that they moved in in the cinematics. So I searched on google and found this, which answered all my questions. Once I found out how to mod, I loved it.

2. What are your current/past projects?
Well, my current projects are that Star Wars Mod, and a Napoleonic mod. You should know what the Star Wars mod is, so I'll write a quick review of the Napoleonic mod. It is made by Epic Studios (You probably don't know about it, it's new) adding a LOT of military units from the Napoleonic era to AoM. The Musketeer for example, would be made. My past projects are that Roman mod, which I am planning to update when I'm done the Napoleonic mod.

3. Now, that you finished it, what do you have to say about your Roman Modpack?
Well, I think it worked out pretty well, but I do have a few minor regrets. At the beginning, I saw a really perfect real picture of a legionaire, so I put it on the unit. I thought it looked pretty good, so I got more real pictures onto the units. I still thought it was ok. But then, I couldn't find any pictures for one unit, so I decided to make the textures myself. When I saw that compared to the others, it was very good. I'd already made so many units that I'd go WAY over my deadline if I made all the textures myself. So I didn't and probably didn't get the best review because of it.

4. And the Star Wars mod?
Well, it's actually going pretty well. We have a bunch of god powers done, all of which are completely dynamic (especially the thought bomb :D). I've got a bunch of tasks on the go and I'm trying to work through them as best I can but It's pretty hard because they all have to have good quality. We have so few members all of us have alot of work. Please join us! Our mod is completely different from AoSW. Right now though, we're still pretty much working on the outline.

5. What do you plan in the future?
Well, I'm planning a HUGE campaign with at least 50 scenarios, but for that I need alot of practice. It's called "Reign of Theris". It's pretty much a prologue to the ES campaign, except way better =D. Don't worry though, if you like histories to be left unknown, there are plenty of them here!

6. So, have you had experience with scenario design/eyecandy?
Well, I've made I cinematic and one scenario, both of which are pretty good. The scenario's eyecady is pretty good, as I have no practice. The cinematic was about a volcano erupting and destroying Knossos, and the eyecandy there is REALLY good! All the buildings are packed into each other so when the volcano debris hits them, they'll make big noises :D!

7. What modder's style do you admire if you've seen it?
I like mods with new models and really good textures. I like the historical mods with accurate historical detail all the way down to the shoe colour. I'm learning to model right now, and texture, so I admire my own modding style!

8. Now onto something not related to AoM, what other games do you enjoy playing in your spare time?
Well, I like playing Cossacks 2, Age of Sail, and Age of Empires 1,2 and 3. Pretty much the historical ones. I also like Soccer (football), Baseball, basketball, and the game "Whip turds at your brother". Which is where, after your lawn has been aerated, you throw those little dirt chunks at your brother.

9. I guess we're done, anything to leave our readers with?
Sorry I'm not feeling very imaginative right now.

No comments: