Saturday, July 5, 2008

Interview: Mephiles


We haven't had an interview for a while so today I interviewed a long-time member of the AoMH scenario design group: Mephiles(Or Meph Lab if you want.), here is what he said when I talked to him.
1. Welcome, first off how did you find the community?
I found AoMH when I was looking for a guide or something and I stumbled upon the downloads section via Google. back then, I didn't know what a forum was. I registered to the downloads section and decided to make my own maps. They were terrible, very terrible! but then I found the forums, that's how it started.

2. What was your first project?
Now let me think...My first would be the quiz masters, it was a simple quiz with easy questions. You went through to places until you got to the end and discovered something amazing. But it wasn't amazing at all, it was a very random plot


3. looking back on it, how do you think it helped you get to where you are today? It was when I first managed to pull together everything I learned like cinematics, triggers etc. After that, I kept on improving slowly. But my skills mainly shined in eye candy because I kept on making maps that never made it to release and on most of them, I hadn't even started making the triggers but more and more ideas for storylines kept coming so i kept making more and more maps.

4. what is your current project?
Nothing, well...
Me and Yeebaa are working on a campaign involving animals, it's very hush hush but we aren't working on it at the moment because he's busy working on ripto, so in the mean time, I'm working on a project in roller coaster tycoon 3.



5. what do you plan to do in the future?
I have absolutely no plans. I suppose it's yeebaa's turn to think of our next project. But in the far future, I plan on going to a university to study astronomy because I want to be an astronomer.


6. what else do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to do leisurely things like bowling, going to town with friends, British things like GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!!!, watching doctor who and video games. I don't like action games like shooters because I always get bored...

7. Thanks for a great interview, any last words?
If you reading this yeebaa, don't quote any of this interview!!!! you hear me? ANY!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quoted :).