Sunday, April 6, 2008

Interview: Yeebaagooon


This week we're interviewing an important figure in AOMH, let's see what he has to say.
1. So, what's your latest project?
Officially it's Codename Michael Fish. I am so close to finishing it now, but the triggers have decided they don't want to work so we have to redo boss 4 :(. There's also loads of annoying little bugs in it.

Unofficially it's Pwnage Mythodea. I'm making this with USA_ThidDaY who has made some great mythodeas in the past. I wanted to make it so you level up with experience, but that is not possible because it is too balanced and everyone levels up in 20 minutes :p. The progress so far has been good.


2. What sort of phenomena are you planning next?
Planning a singleplayer campaign with Mephiles. The first scenario is already complete and I'm supposed to be working on the second one. The trouble will be giving up multiplayer for good. Designing for it can be more fun, but in singleplayer I still use mutliplayer triggers to avoid sync errors because I'm so used to it :p. Something always draws me back.
The audience for singleplayer is just so much bigger, and a lot more appreciative.



3. So, you manage downloads for AOMH, is that right? What are some weird submissions you get that don't get put into the downloads section?
ILB is still the head, but yes I do manage there. I have a 1 day policy where no submission has to wait longer than a day now. If you submitted something and was surprised how quick it went up, then that was probably me :p.

Every now and again we get some files that can't go up. Some of them are very offensive/racist and some are illegal. Don't really want to go into it though.


4. How did you get to the point you are now?
Papaya would say "Blowjobs. Lots of them." but on a more serious note... I think I was greenified quite quickly considering my bad start. I had to be a respectable figure within the community (owning the question thread really helps!), I had to have a mature attitude, good grammar (:D) and I had to wait for a vacancy.


5. What were you first like when you came to AOMH?
Total n00b :p. I had to be told to use the question thread quite a lot before I actually did and I kept posting my crazy ideas begging people to do them. But one day, without any knowledge of triggers apart from what they are, I made one :p. No idea how but I just made a trigger as I would today. Jungle Escape was my first major scenario, shabby by my standards now and with no eyecandy™. It was quite a complex scenario because of all thee quest vars, and was balance din a strange way where the hunters could win in minutes, and the runners could hide everywhere.
After the n00b phase, I evolved into what I am now :p.


6. Any words to new members of AOMH?
Use the question thread! When you join you are probably full of questions, it's best to ask in the question thread so you don't damage your reputation. Just act like a mature person and give nobody any reason to dislike you. Also, please don't feed the ducks.


7. Final words?
It's snowing over here :p. Yes in April! Madness you may ask? Madness? THIS IS BRITANIAAAAAAAAAA *Kicks n00b into pit of spam*. Anyway it really does snow here, crazy weather :p. I can never think of anything witty to say here :(. Oh well let's stick with tradition;
I'm off to the pub!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never interviewed me :(